Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pastel... With Instruction


The day after we broke open the box of pastels, Serena started her art class with Mr. Tony at the Richmond Arts Centre. Her first project? Pastel with watercolour!

The kids were introduced to the works of Austrian painter and architect, Friedensreich Hundertwasser. He favoured the abstract, the decorative, vibrant colours, spirals, and organic forms.

When I saw Serena's painting at the end of her class, I really appreciate the value of a good art teacher!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Amazing art Serena! I love all the beautiful colours and patterns in your work of art. I want to come to your art class:) Can you tell me what inspired you to draw this picture and what it is about? Blessings Mrs D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bright colours
    A real eye catcher
    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete