Tuesday, September 27, 2011

When I Grow Up...

Once in a while Daddy gets invited to some cool events to which we can tag along. Recently it was the opening night of Prototypes, "a design exhibition that dives deep into the role prototyping plays on developing a concept", presented by Burnkit Studio. We felt a bit out of place milling around the very trendy designer type crowd, and we weren't sure what to make out of these "prototypes". So to look like we fit in, I whipped out the camera and told Serena to snap some photos:

Perhaps by osmosis, Serena seemed inspired to take these very artistic shots. She first took a snapshot of her shadow. Then she worked her way around the room, asking me to turn the flash on and off as she saw fit. I could see her eyes scanning the room, not focusing on any particular objects, but noticing textures and angles and lighting effects. As we wandered through the designers' spacious office with their fancy Mac machines, I told Serena she has a keen eye for beauty, that she could be a designer and perhaps work here one day.

"No. I don't want to be a fashion designer anymore. I want to be an archaeologist."

A fickle child.

2 comments:

  1. She would make a great photos when she has a
    find at one of her archaeological digs
    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photographs Serena! Blessings Mrs D

    ReplyDelete